The Hands-free Quasar™ Versafiller® Retrofit Kit is unlike any other bottle filler retrofit kit on the market. Its key feature is the utilization of a UVC-LED light at the point of dispense. The use of UVC-LEDs disinfects the water and reduces 99.99% of pathogens such as Legionella, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia. The UV rays penetrate the harmful microscopic organisms and destroy the DNA, which renders it incapable of reproducing.
According to Oasis reported cases of Legionnaires' disease has increased by 550% since 2000.
Legionnaires's disease is similar to pneumonia and so serious, that one in ten people who get it die. That number increases to one in four for people with compromised immune systems. This makes protecting patrons from Legionella very important, especially for healthcare facilities like hospitals and nursing homes. Unfortunately, Legionella is very common in all water supply systems. It often hides and grows in a building's plumbing system. This is why "treating water at the point of dispense is the best defense," according to Lou Busick, VP of Innovation at Oasis.
The retrofit kit is available in both non-filtered and filtered models. It retrofits onto the PG8AC and P8AM water coolers. (It does not retrofit to electric eye P8AC and P8AM units.) Additional options are available to retrofit select Elkay and Sunroc/HWS units as well.
- Hands-free QUASAR with mercury-free UVC-LED treatment at the dispense point
- Lead-Free Waterways in materials & construction
- Independent hands-free activation
- Integrated back-lit bottle counter
- Built in filter monitor
- Heavy duty galvanized steel frame
- Surface mount frame assembly
- Certified to UL 399 and CAN/CSA C22.2 No.120 (electric water coolers only)
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 61-G & 372 and conforms with the lead content requirements for “Lead Free” plumbing as defined by California, Vermont, Maryland, and Louisiana state laws and the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act
- Comply with the requirements of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) when properly installed
- VersaFilter II is certified to NSF/ANSI 42 and 53 for lead, chlorine, taste and odor reduction to 3000 gallons (*Filtered model only)
The Science of Ultraviolet Light (UV) and UVC-LED Technology
UV Light is a type of radiation that occurs naturally from the sun, and can be recreated by artificial lights. UVC-LED technology like that which is found in Quasar units, are used to biologically destroy harmful microscopic bacteria and viruses. It does so without the use of chemicals or mercury based lamps.
Learn more about the models available through the links below, then place your order through our website. Call if you have any questions or require any other information before making your purchase.
There are two Quasar Versafiller Retrofit Kit models - a filtered unit, and an unfiltered unit:
Filtered Quasar Unit
Part Number: #47448
Oasis Model Number: PWF2EBQ
View Spec Sheet